Following the success of the Culture Shift Symposium last November, we’re happy to announce Culture Shift Lab – a full day of workshops and experiences designed to help you define your leadership style and give you the tools to engage your team, foster creativity, and introduce change.
By looking at self-leadership and team building as your key to honing a collaborative leader mindset, and collaboration as your most valuable and precious resource, this lab sets the practical strategies to maximize your effectiveness to tackle tough challenges.
MEET THE LEADERS:
Amie Jean, Executive Coach and Sustainable Leadership Consultant, Alex Todaro and Athena Diaconis, Co-Founders at Median, Erin Lamberty, Community Education Lead, The Design Gym, Alicia Le’Von Boone, Associate Curator of Public Programs, Brooklyn Museum, Kiely Sweatt, Facilitator & Coach, Flux.am and The Design Gym, Reilly Carpenter, Manager of Design Strategy, Capital One, Erica Seldin, Co-Founder at August Public.
Annie Malarkey, Senior Programs Producer and Derrick Foust, Programming & Educational Coordinator, The Made in NY Media Center by IFP.
TOGETHER WE WILL:
- Evaluate your leadership and learning styles
- Synthesize and articulate areas of strengths, weaknesses and opportunities in your team
- Workshop your findings amongst a network of knowledgeable peers
- Explore team building as a skill set that fosters curiosity, creativity and innovation
- Create actionable strategies to take back to your team!
9:00am Coffee and Pastries
9:30am Opening Remarks by Derrick Foust & Annie Laurie Malarkey
9:45am Keynote: Alicia Le’Von Boone, Associate Curator of Public Programs, Brooklyn Museum
10:30am Self-Leadership Workshops:
- A Leader’s Mindset: Recognition, Communication and Utilization with Amie Jean, Executive Coach and Sustainable Leadership Consultant
- 3 Rules for Self-Management and How to Bring Them to Life! with Erica Seldin, Co-Founder, August Public
12:00pm Participatory Lunch Experience: Leading in Complexity and Ambiguity with Athena Diaconis and Alex Todaro, Co-Founders at Median
2:00pm Team Building Workshops:
- Leading with Curiosity: Build a Learner’s Mindset in your Team with Reilly Carpenter, Manager of Design Strategy, Capital One
- The Art of Creative Problem Solving Under Pressure! with Kiely Sweatt, Facilitator & Coach, Flux.am and The Design Gym
3:30pm Collective Close with Erin Lamberty, Community Education Lead, The Design Gym
5:00pm Happy Hour @ 68 Jay St. Bar
For any questions about workshop specifics and workshop leaders, please email Derrick Foust at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your ticket includes full admission to:
- Four (4) hands-on workshop opportunities with hand-picked thought leaders
- Networking opportunities
Are you a startup or a nonprofit leader?
Email: email@example.com for a discounted ticket.