“The Creative Founder Lab changed my life and made me understand the importance of an ecosystem to create and develop my new startup. Here I met awesome people, found all the resources I needed, and did a lot of networking.”
Erica Sánchez, Journalist and Founder of WeAreClimate.com – A weekly newsletter and media outlet to educate and bring solutions to climate change through a positive approach.
The Creative >> Founder Lab supports you through your entrepreneurial journey by helping you define your vision and strategy, create a sustainable business model, and begin sharing and testing your concept with the world.
We meet for classes twice a week on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:45pm to 8:45pm with leading entrepreneurs who have created their own businesses or work at successful startups and know what it takes to build a company.
By the end of the program you will have a clear understanding of how to build a leader’s mindset, create a sustainable brand, and bring your product to market. You’ll walk away with a pitch deck and the opportunity to present your concept with potential partners and our community of founders on the final day of the lab.
- Application deadline: June 1st, 2017
- Program start date: June 12th, 2017
- Program end date: August 9th
- Information session dates: May 22nd
- Program cost: $1900 | Student pricing: $1000
What you’ll get
- 14 entrepreneurial classes led by industry leaders
- 3 months of community workspace at the Media Center (a $600 value)
- 2 six – hour class elective credits through our Classwork education program (a $300 value)
- Private meetings with our experts-in-residence
- Networking opportunities
- Opportunity to pitch your venture in front of potential partners and funders
- Valuable first-hand access and insight from leaders in the field
- Core understanding of design thinking, business & entrepreneurial concepts
- Support from a driven and like-minded community
- A pitch deck representing your business
- Create >>Founder badge for your LinkedIn profile
Topics we’ll cover
- Vision and Strategy Statement Development
- Introduction to Design Thinking and Rapid Prototyping
- Agile and Lean Methodology
- Market Research and Business Models
- Project Management Strategy + Working with Developers
- Building Your Brand from the Beginning
- Copywriting for Your Brand
- Creating Revenue Forecasts and Budgets
- Creating a Digital Marketing Strategy
- Growth Hacking and Understanding Analytics
- DIY PR and Working With Journalists
- Creating a Memorable Pitch Deck
- Business Development and Entrepreneurial Sales
- Leadership Mindset and Growing Your Team with Purpose
“The Creative to Founders Lab was so well thought out, well-crafted, and executed that it gave me not only, all the tools to go forward, but the the time, commentary and the momentum!.”
John Benton, Storyteller and CEO of Love8Media – An interactive design shop specializing in information and narrative design with emerging technology.
- Eight-week program: $1900
- Early bird pricing: $1600 (apply by May 12th)
- Media Center members: $1200
- Student pricing: $1000
Limited to 20 spots only. Applications close on June 1st, 2017.
(Full line-up of instructors will be added shortly!)
Christina J. Adranly
- Application deadline: June 1st, 2017
- Starting date: June 12th, 2017
- Closing night: August 9th, 2017
For more information regarding the Creative >> Founder Lab or the application process, please email Derrick Foust: firstname.lastname@example.org or come to one of our Information Sessions on May 4th & May 22nd
About The Made in NY Media Center by IFP
We are a community and workspace designed to connect the next generation of artists, innovators and entrepreneurs through education, events and industry resources. We are building a community operating at the intersection of storytelling and technology, where visionaries, storytellers and entrepreneurs are working together to transform the creative process. The 20,000-square-foot facility in DUMBO features co-working spaces, a talent incubator, a 72-seat screening room, media arts gallery and café in addition to dedicated spaces for classes, conferences, meetings and tenancy.