The Made in NY Media Center by IFP is a collaborative workspace dedicated to supporting and connecting the next generation of media and tech entrepreneurs, innovators, and artists by providing industry resources, events, mentorship, and educational opportunities. Although we cater to all aspects of media we tend to focus on these areas:
- Film & streaming content creators
- Digital Agencies
Our 20,000-square-foot state-of-the-art facility in DUMBO combines workspaces, classrooms, exhibition venues, and a public café, where storytellers, industry professionals, and curiosity seekers come together to work, learn, innovate, explore, and grow—together.
Our alternative educational platform called ClassWork is a set of personalized courses guided by leading industry experts who love what they do. Designed for entrepreneurs, innovators, and experience-seekers looking to thrive in the modern economy, it’s where business minds get creative, and creative minds get business.
The Education and Programming Manager answers to the Programming Producer and focuses mainly on conceiving, managing, tracking, and executing ClassWork programs at the Media Center. This role is charged with working closely with instructors and Media Center members alike to ideate dynamic, inspiring, and useful classes which deepen the Media Center’s educational goals and support the media/tech community in a meaningful way.
Another key component to the position involves supporting the Programming Producer in all other programs and events, specifically our fellowship, grant, and lab program operations (for example, our Creative>>Founder Labs). The job also includes assisting in the day-to-day execution of our events and Media Center operations, and participating in relevant partner cultivation and outreach.
The Education and Programming Manager works with all teams within the Media Center staff to further our mission and grow all of our programs, and to create a positive and functional environment for the membership community. The job will have a varied schedule working scheduled evenings and weekends for classes and events, as well as some early mornings to open the Media Center.
- Ideate and create new class proposals under supervision of Programming Producer and senior Media Center staff; identify and manage yearly, quarterly, and monthly ClassWork goals.
- Source and cultivate new instructors, and manage the proposal/online application process; manage existing/past instructors.
- Coordinate with instructors on goals, curriculum, scheduling, and tracking from conception to execution to evaluation.
- Manage registration process for all students and members; act as main point of contact and manage logistics for all ClassWork attendees.
- Craft ClassWork copy and coordinate other deliverables for marketing, outreach, and promotion in collaboration with instructors and Marketing Manager; assist in partner and in-house outreach efforts for ClassWork with Marketing Manager.
- Execute all ClassWork operations and production needs: run of shows, A/V coordination, supplies, speaker/educator coordination, reminder emails, classroom organization and management, and day-of greeting and check-in process.
- Manage education budget and facilitate invoicing process to help ensure timely and efficient payment of instructors; liaise with registrants regarding any payment issues.
- Identify new collaborative opportunities with local commercial, cultural, and educational entities and institutions as related to ClassWork and other education-focused programs.
- Articulate the programmatic and educational mission and guiding principles of the Media Center to the film, media, technology, gaming, and startup communities by acting as an emissary, attending related events, meet-ups, etc.
Education, Fellowship, and Lab Programs
- Manage the Creative>>Founder Lab with Programming Producer: coordinate application process, coordinate outreach, assist in submissions/approval process, manage class schedules, liaise with member experts and other special instructors, and help produce all other front-facing Creative>>Founder Lab events and activations.
- Support the Programming Producer on Media Center’s other educational-focused programming, including fellowship and grant programs, Master Classes, international programs with strategy partners and embassies, special workshops, demo days/markets, and others as assigned.
- Work with Media Center staff on education/programming strategy as an organization, and ensuring the creation and execution of diverse and cutting edge educational opportunities.
Events and Special Programs / Other Administrative Tasks
- Assist Programming Producer with event and program coordination as needed and assigned: outreach support, speaker/talent logistics, pre-production tasks, etc.
- Assist in day-of production and execution of events as needed and assigned: theater/event space set-up, on-site speaker/talent coordination, greeting guests and attendees, performing intros, helping facilitate the run-of-show, event breakdown, etc.
- Help with developmental and operational support for International Programs as needed and assigned: working with members, experts, and other instructors to ensure a successful and useful experience for international fellows and program participants.
- Help with Media Center outreach (specifically social media channels) in collaboration with Marketing Manager, as needed.
- Work with all Media Center staff on relevant reporting for grants/other funding sources.
- Work front desk at Media Center during normal business hours, as assigned.
Successful candidate has a distinct and proven passion for education, and for supporting creators and forward-thinkers in all strands of media. Candidate has also approached work from an innovative perspective, is an experienced go-getter, and is hungry for more programming experience in the film/media/tech space.
- Experience with education/curriculum-based programs of 2-4 years.
- Previous professional focus in film, media, and/or tech industry strongly preferred.
- Bachelors or secondary degree in education a big plus.
- Programming or curatorial experience related to film/media a big plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional people and customer service skills.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Passionate and dedicated to mission-based organizations, non-profit institutions, and/or the media/tech sector.
- Ability to balance multiple/simultaneous projects and priorities.
- Results orientated with a drive to create effective solutions.
- Experience in community membership atmosphere.
- Management experience with the abilities to mentor junior staff and delegate tasks.
- Some outreach/marketing experience a plus.
- Professional experience with youth or young adult programs a plus.
Compensation based on experience.
Please send email with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must only put “Manager, Education and Programming” as the email subject line for consideration.