A unique opportunity at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP. The Media Center is a collaborative workspace dedicated to supporting and connecting the next generation of media + tech entrepreneurs, innovators and artists by providing industry resources, events, mentorship and educational opportunities. Although we cater to all aspects of media we tend to focus on these areas:
- Film & streaming content creators
- Digital Agencies
Our 20,000-square-foot state-of-the-art facility in DUMBO combines workspaces, classrooms, exhibition venues and a public café, where storytellers, industry professionals and curiosity seekers come together to work, learn, innovate, explore and grow — together.
The Community Engagement Manager answers to the Executive Director and is charged with the development of a diverse member community reflective of the mission of the center, ensuring the satisfaction and growth of that membership. The Community Engagement Manager is also charged with working closely with the membership to support, consult with and advise growing entrepreneurs in all areas of their growth.
The Community Engagement Manager works with all teams within the Media Center staff to create a positive and functional environment for the membership community. The Community Engagement has the direct report of the Community Engagement and Membership Coordinator.
The Community Engagement Manager will have a varied schedule working some early mornings to open the Media Center as well as evenings and weekends for events.
Memberships Sales & Conversion / Marketing
- Work with Media Center to hit monthly sales targets for new incubator and community members to constantly be striving for full capacity of a diverse community of media/tech entrepreneurs.
- Strategize and attend industry trade events and act as ambassador for the Media Center and seek new members.
Membership Satisfaction & Programming
- On boarding of new membership on a monthly basis and conduct one-one-one consultations with new Incubator Members to understand their business goals and needs. Onboarding includes working directly with finance department to ensure all tenancy license agreements, refunds, license extensions, cancelations, are accurately reflected in the central database.
- Cultivate grant and fellowship programs – procedure, guidelines, copy, and implementation.
- Support services for member companies like grant reviews, connections with industry, connections with each other, etc.
- Provide bespoke business development support and create member offerings that ensure the growth and satisfaction of these creative entrepreneurs.
- Seek and cultivate new Experts-in-Residence to provide monthly office hours for Incubator Members.
- Act as onsite facilitator of flagship Incubator programs including pitch sessions.
- Work closely with the Programs Producer, Education and Programs Coordinator and Community Engagement and Membership Coordinator to provide recommendations for programs and educational initiatives that will appeal to and support the member community.
- Responsible for member operational satisfaction in conjunction with the Community Engagement and Membership Coordinator and the Operations team.
- Join Executive Director as needed on senior level tours and provide context and insight into the community of members.
- Cultivate portfolio of senior level members of the innovation, start up, tech and media industry and strategize their involvement with the center, including members of the VC community.
- Collaborate with the Events and Operations Manager and Programs Producer to develop cross departmental partnerships.
- Create and implement International, Group and University Tours of the Media Center.
Successful candidate will have a proven history of approaching work from an innovative perspective; an entrepreneur that undertakes new areas and tasks without being asked to do so.
- Experience in community/co-working atmosphere of 3 – 5 years.
- Business degree / Tech background and/or experience of working with entrepreneurs.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional people and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills.
- Comfortable in a fast paced and nimble environment.
- Passionate and dedicated to mission based organizations and the media/tech sector.
- Ability to balance multiple and simultaneous projects and priorities.
- Results orientated with a drive to create effective solutions.
- Experience in community membership atmosphere with direct experience in membership sales.
- Management experience with the abilities to mentor junior staff and delegate tasks.
Compensation based on experience.
Please send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org