Position: Assistant to the Executive Director
Job Description: Looking for an intelligent, adaptable, strong under pressure self-starter to serve as the first point of contact and gatekeeper for the Executive Director of IFP, the largest and oldest film nonprofit, as well as the Made in NY Media Center by IFP, a three-year-old collaborative workspace community in DUMBO. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for coordinating the schedule of the Executive Director, drafting correspondence, and maintaining communication with the board, staff and organizational stakeholders. Applicants must be self-motivated, highly organized, hard-working, detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Executive Director with all administrative duties; drafting correspondence, scheduling, and phones.
- Serve as executive office point person and assist on logistics for signature programs, including Independent Filmmaker Labs, the Gotham Independent Film Awards, IFP Film Week, Envision, Demo Day, film festival events, and high profile IFP events.
- Manage communication and plan all aspects of meetings with the IFP Board of Directors, the Media Center Advisory Board, the Media Center Innovation Committee, high-level partners and sponsors; attend meetings and produce minutes for distribution.
- Act as liaison and point of contact between all staff and the Executive Director.
- Draft invitations, speeches, press releases, and quotes.
- Research, plan, schedule, and book all travel and related accommodations.
- Maintain and organize executive files, lists, and contacts.
The Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP) works to connect filmmakers with essential resources at all stages of development and distribution. IFP fosters a vibrant and sustainable independent filmmaker community, represents a growing network of 10,000 storytellers around the world, and plays a key role in developing 350 new feature and documentary works each year. During its 35-year history, IFP has supported over 8,000 projects and offered resources to more than 20,000 filmmakers, including Debra Granik, Miranda July, Michael Moore, Dee Rees, and Benh Zeitlin. www.ifp.org
The Made in NY Media Center by IFP is a new kind of collaborative workspace and incubator dedicated to supporting and connecting the next generation of artists, innovators and entrepreneurs by providing industry resources, events and educational opportunities. Developed through a unique partnership between Independent Filmmaker Project, the Mayor’s Office of Media and Entertainment, and the New York City Economic Development Corporation, The Media Center is building a community that operates at the intersection of media + technology. www.nymediacenter.com
To apply: Email your cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant Application” in the subject line.