The Made in NY Media Center by IFP has partnered up with Vimeo for the first Share the Screen Fellowship, a unique opportunity that will award one female content creator with a 6-month incubator membership to develop their project. This scholarship is part of Vimeo’s ongoing efforts to help close the gender gap that prevails in the entertainment industry, fostering equality by supporting female-led video and film projects. Projects can include anything from a film to a narrative series, and can still be in its very early stages, or nearing completion.
– Dedicated desk space where the awarded fellow will be able to bring her project to life
– Exclusive amenities, including conference room, library, kitchen and editing suite
– Invitation to private networking and industry events to connect with the people you should know
– 25% off select Media Center workshops, seminars, conferences and classes
– Access to leading media and industry professionals with exclusive office hours and mentorship with experts-in-residence
The fellow will be chosen on May 1, 2016, by the Made in NY Media Center staff and Vimeo and will be awarded based on the overall strength of the applicant’s project and the projects core principles. Additionally, the fellow will be celebrated at a special presentation in early May entitled, “Share the Screen Staff Picks Cinema.”
– You’re a female or female-identifying individual, and you’re the writer, director, or producer on your project.
– Projects should be in development or early pre-production, but we’ll consider in any stage of production.
– Projects should be in film, narrative series or related video content.
– Applicants need to have a Vimeo account to publish their work.
– You should be dedicated to working out of the Media Center in NYC from June 1 to December 1,2016 and be an active participant in the community averaging 20 hours or more in the space.
– Applicants should be open to collaboration in a shared workspace.
– Applicants can not be a current Media Center member.
– Application deadline: April 28th
– Fellow announced: Due to overwhelming interest, we will be moving our Vimeo Share the Screen Fellow announcement to 5/6 to provide more time to adequately review applications. Thank you for your patience.
– Fellowship starts: June 1st
If you have any questions, email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Vimeo’s Share the Screen initiative.