The Made in NY Media Center by IFP is where storytellers from multiple disciplines, industries and platforms create, collaborate, connect and incubate across a spectrum of programs, events and experiences. The Media Center brings together innovators in film, video, gaming, technology and more through education, mentorship, entrepreneurship and content creation.
The 20,000-square-foot facility is located on the ground floor of 30 John Street in DUMBO at the intersection of John and Jay Streets features co-working spaces, talent incubator, 72-seat screening room, art gallery and café in addition to dedicated spaces for classes, conferences, meetings and tenancy. Through a combination of membership-driven and public-access programming our Media Center champions the future of storytelling in the digital age through a unique focus on cross-platform and cross-discipline media innovation. Follow us on twitter @NYMediaCenter, like us on facebook/NYMediaCenter, More info at www.nymediacenter.com.
We’re looking for volunteers to be an integral part of the Made in NY Media Center by IFP team, working on various assignments including:
– Maintenance of programmatic deliverables and database for tracking and system entry
– Research and brainstorming for upcoming events, exhibitions and classes
– Updating our website for upcoming programming and education
– On the ground assistance during events
– Maintenance of tracking lists including outreach partners, educational partners, instructors, artists, art collectives
– Media Publication tracking and liasing
– Archiving press materials
– Organization of digital assets including photography, copy, animated GIF’s etc
– Collecting data through social media and digital analytics
– Note taking where needed
– We’re looking for people who have a keen interest in gaining experience in the following fields: independent film, technology design, entrepreneurship, interactive art, transmedia storytelling and digital content distribution.
– We would only consider those who can commit 2-3 days a week
– This would be an ideal position for people who would like to gain knowledge about the independent film, design, technology and entrepreneurial community in New York City, and is interested in the fields of programming, distribution, publicity, marketing, and media management.
This is an unpaid position, but IFP Membership and other benefits are available. For More information, visit: http://wearemadeinny.com/volunteer/
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to volunteer@nymediacenter.